[mythtv-users] MythWeb: Apache won't start: "Invalid command 'php_value'"

Fred Hamilton fred at yonkitime.com
Thu Aug 30 04:02:15 UTC 2018

I just upgraded from Ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04, and impressively MythTV is
working fine.

Hit a snag with MythWeb, though.  When I try to start Apache, I get an
'Apache won't start: "Invalid command 'php_value'" ' error.

Fortunately that *exact* problem is covered in the MythWeb documentation
here
<https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythWeb#Apache_won.27t_start:_.22Invalid_command_.27php_value.27.22>
.

Unfortunately the recommended fix (a small edit to /etc/conf.d/apache2)
isn't working because 18.04 doesn't seem to have an /etc/conf.d directory!

I grepped around for a file containing "APACHE2_OPTS", but that didn't turn
up anything either.

Now I'm out of ideas.