[mythtv-users] Failed recordings

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 00:52:01 UTC 2018

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 7:47 PM Jack McGee <jack at greendesk.net> wrote:

> On 08/27/2018 06:40 PM, Greg Oliver wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 6:31 PM Jack McGee <jack at greendesk.net
> > <mailto:jack at greendesk.net>> wrote:
> >
> >     I recently reinstalled 2 HDHOMERUN DUALS.
> >     they were working fine before in different house and I have been
> using
> >     dummy tuner until I could get antenna installed here.
> >
> >     The is on .28 on Ubuntu 16.04.
> >
> >     I am getting what seems to be random but frequent failed recordings.
> >
> >     I changed the tuning timeout on all of them to 7000 ms.
> >
> >     from the backend log:
> >
> >     Where else should I look for a clue?
> >
> > Sounds like they are having a hard time tuning the channel.  I would
> > fire up the hdhomerun_gui app and try to tune them there and see how it
> > goes.
>
> Tried that it tunes fine.  What I may do, is try to set both to record
> in multirec, and when I see one fail, check the hdhomerun_gui and see if
> it did tune.

Barring signal strength, the only other time I have seen this is when the
power supply is failing on them.  I have 3 or the original models and have
had to replace the power supplies on them all.  I replaced them with non
Silicon Dust supplies.  Not sure if newer models are plagued with the same
issue..?

-Greg