[mythtv-users] Video quality on 0.28 worse than it was on 0.21

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 15:52:28 UTC 2018

On 23/08/18 17:33, Allen Edwards wrote:

> The hardware is a M3A with AMI 5400, Geforce 6200 LE video card.

I've just got back after a week away and haven't read this thread in
detail;  but I think that this card needs an nVidia 'legacy' driver, 304.xx

https://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_32667.html

ISTR that I did run this driver in ubuntu with a different card that I
have now replaced by a nvidia GT 710, which cost about 30 GBP.  It
didn't do VDPAU, there were problems (perhaps now resolved, with drivers
for Fedora/CentOS etc) and I understood that nVidia support was likely
to disappear soon.  I haven't looked for nvidia for ubuntu recently. but
this looks appropriate.

https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/misc/nvidia-304

HTH

John P