[mythtv-users] Video quality on 0.28 worse than it was on 0.21

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 14:20:58 UTC 2018

Clearly the drivers were not installed correctly as shown
*configuration: driver=nouveau latency=0*

And
*more: stat of /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-graphics-drivers.conf failed: No such
file or directory*

I installed using the GUI that was something like Other Drivers, an option
that somehow disappeared from the menu but shows up under the software
update tab now.

Initially I autoinstalled the 340 driver, which was a disaster for the 8600
card. I then purged the system and installed the 304 driver manually, still
had issues and went back to the 6200 card, which worked better but clearly
the nvidia drivers are not there.

I saw instructions to use the Administrator tab to finish the install but I
don't have that tab so I went to the tab that lists the driver options and
saw that 304 was listed and checked as installed and the the nouveau was
there as an option.  I then selected the nouveau and installed that
followed by selecting the 304 and reinstalling it.  I thought that would
allow the system to do a proper install but obviously I was wrong.

The only thing I can think of at this point is to purge the system of
nevidia drivers and then do the autoselect again with the 6200 card so that
the 304 driver will be selected.

Allen