[mythtv-users] Digital and Analog sound?

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 04:19:49 UTC 2018

I know I am over my head when the top Google search is a help page I
wrote.  Such is the case with the Digital Audio Tutorial.  The next search
revealed two others with the exact same question and nobody replied to
either query.

The issue is that in the course of trying to get the 16.04 version to work,
something so frustrating I might go back to Myth 8.04, my Toshiba Coax
Dobly SPDIF to RCA Stereo converter quit working so now I have no sound
when looking at the TV without turning on the big sound system which burns
200 watts in standby (Class A) so I don't like to do that for watching the
news.

If I could get the digital out as well as the analog I could just put the
analog into the TV.  But there is no output.  It was exceedingly difficult
to get the Digital Audio working 10 years ago when I wrote that HowTo,
which is why I wrote it.

I thought someone might know if it is even possible.

Allen