[mythtv-users] OpenVPN and Mythling Unexpected End of Stream Error

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 04:16:06 UTC 2018

My first guess would be path MTU of your Open VPN tunnel.

See if there's a way to make 1500 the MTU that you use, or you might have
to look into somehow making whatever is doing openvpn clamp the MSS of the
route so that hopefully things will work better.

if possible, try doing some packet captures on the server to see what size
the packets are, it's possible that you might actually have to change the
MTU of your server TUN interface to be smaller than that of the VPN tunnel.

If none of this works, then you might need to triple check that nothing is
firewalling the tunnel interface on your server.

Hope this helps,

Mike