[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase missing some data on some channels

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 21 02:29:09 UTC 2018

On 08/20/2018 06:27 PM, Allen Edwards wrote:
> Last night I scheduled GMA for 7AM this morning and the program was
> there but by the time this morning happened, the data was gone and the
> show didn't tape until I did a mythfilldatabase, then it started
> taping mid show.  Now I see that most of the two weeks is blank just
> for this channel.

Unless your mythfilldatabase run happened between last night and 7am
this morning AND the program was removed from the source for some reason
(the 2nd half being extremely unlikely), disappearing data is generally
caused by running EIT on channels for which some other data source is
enabled.  For example, if you want to use Schedules Direct or XMLTV and
you still have EIT enabled on those channels, the EIT data could change
(often to worse data) and/or erase good program information put in place
by SD/XMLTV.  This would also explain why only some channels are losing
data--because in the US (I'm guessing based on your San Francisco TV
station call signs) some channels are even worse than others at
providing in-stream program guide data.

Mike