[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Premium TV Service

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 02:39:32 UTC 2018

On 08/18/2018 09:23 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 19, 2018 at 12:26 AM Stephen P. Villano
> <stephen.p.villano at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Alas, another deal breaker is, we watch a lot of BBC America programming. That is absent from their advertised lineup.
> FWIW, at least one other OTT providers took a bit of time
> to negotiate BBC America, so perhaps it is coming (or
> perhaps).
>
> Personally, I would like to see ESPN dropped and the
> cost go down by the (estimated by some) $5-8/mo
> that they bill for it, but it was probably a requirement
> to get Disney (which I would also be personally happy
> to not get/pay for, but I understand the perceived need).
>
> But the reality is there is no perfect OTT provider
> with just the channels I want, and pure ala carte
> has been calculated (by real economists, not couch
> potatoe pundits who like to make things up) to cost
> some people a lot more than what they pay now,
> even if some would pay less.

Which is laughable. The US, the penultimate the third nation, has a free
market, which is monopoly bound.
Or something.
Regardless, if it doesn't contain BBC America, I'll not subscribe at
all, be it local cable or network centric.
I'll do something far less lawful, if I must.
Obtain copies from a buddy in the NSA.