[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Premium TV Service

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 01:23:09 UTC 2018

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 7:30 PM David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> Will Premium Channels work on Primes without cablecards installed?  If
> so, I could possibly work on the changes.  I have an extra Prime and
> use it without a cablecard to record clear QAM channels.

Somewhere else I read that only the (recent) gen OTA tuners
have the needed support (and due to the channel numbering
(i.e. cable numbering), I suspect that is a restriction likely to
stay for at least now since overlapping channels on the same
device only leads to badness).  If you have a recent gen OTA
tuner it should not need to have an actual antenna attached, just
the most recent firmware to provide the gateway functionality.