[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Premium TV Service

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sun Aug 19 01:13:45 UTC 2018

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 05:22:22PM -0700, glen wrote:

> > > I experimented a bit with the hd config program as well as the urls
> > > embedded in the web page for the tuner, and was able to get an
> > > unencrypted stream from the tuner using the following in VLC:
> > >
> > > http://192.168.1.38:5004/auto/v1111
> > >
> > > There should definitely be something possible here for mythtv!
> > i'm pretty sure this will work for myth as it takes the virtual
> > number and http call for the hdhr.
> >
> > https://github.com/garybuhrmaster/mythhdhrrecorder
> >
> > works good for me on ota lineup calling virtuals like 2.1 11.1 4.3
> > etc.

> i tested this a couple of ways with quattro tuner.
>
> i am pretty sure the mythhdhrrecorder from gary will ultimately work.
> but it did not work for me. i believe it is because when you update
> firmware and the new 'demos' appear in channel list, you cannot make
> them favorites (the yellow star). i think gary's recorder only uses the
> favorties as valid channels.
>
> i also have a source for 'freebox' or m3u list. and i added the local
> url to that and it is working. i am testing a record now to see what
> the bitrates are etc. but the streams are only 30fps / progressive
> which is not something i would likely subscribe to. if they were to
> offer 60fps 720p and a reasonably priced lineup i would be very
> interested.
>
> so i guess for now if you have one of the boxes that is getting these
> channels, follow the instructions in wiki to add a m3u playlist source
> and just put in your local url's to the hdhr., and set up listings and
> it should work.

Nice workaround!  Can you please add what you've done to the wiki so
others can be directed to it until we get proper support added?

Also, be aware that SD limits the number of premium streams to 4.  If
you have more tuners than that, you'll need to use a different
videosource (without the premium channels) for some of them.  That's
to prevent MythTV from trying to oversubscribe them.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net