[mythtv-users] can't set wakealarm

mythtv-users at gorbag.com mythtv-users at gorbag.com
Sat Aug 11 07:40:30 UTC 2018

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 19:56:39 -0700
Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote:

> On 08/10/2018 06:59 AM, Peter Bennett wrote:
>
> The problem is not systemd. MythTV was working fine with Mint 18
> through 18.3, and those versions also had systemd.
>
> I have finally identified the problem. MythTV does not call
> setwakeup.sh if it does not find anything to record.
>
> This is a problem because if nothing else wakes up the backend
> system, mythfilldatabase will not be run, and the system will not
> notice new items in the schedule because it has an out of date
> schedule.
>
> MythTV should schedule a wakeup to run mythfilldatabase when it does
> not find anything else in its schedule. It should schedule a wakeup
> for mythfilldatabase anyway if the scheduled event would happen after
> it runs out of schedule for any channel.

There is a program called mythwelcome that has a setting to allows two
forced wakeup periods. See https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythwelcome.
These settings are obeyed even when mythwelcome is not being used. So
you only need to run mythwelcome to add a wakeup period, there is no
need to use it in normal use. It would be nice if the forced wakeup
period settings were added to mythfrontend's shutdown settings or
perhaps to mythtv-setup.

Steve
Steve Evans            E-mail: mailto:stevee at gorbag.com
Registered Linux user #217906: http://counter.li.org
Public Encryption Key:         http://www.gorbag.com/public-key.html

4.9.95-gentoo Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz GNU/Linux

 08:15:25 up 5 days, 23:34,  7 users,  load average: 1.09, 0.85, 0.67

Peter Griffin:  NOOOOOO. Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids. Damn
longears, trying to take Easter away from Jesus. Anyway, what was that
you were saying?