[mythtv-users] IR control via evdev

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Aug 9 02:33:20 UTC 2018

On Wed, 8 Aug 2018 20:33:58 -0400, you wrote:

>Biggest source of frustration: there are keytable codes for everything on
>my MCE remote, but only about 10% actually do anything from within Myth 29.
>Why replace earlier lirc if you have to manually remap virtually the entire
>remote?

How old was your earlier version?  You seem to be describing what
happened when the IR drivers were moved into the kernel, which is a
long time ago now.

The KEY_ codes are now found in
/usr/include/linux/input-event-codes.h.  They used to be in input.h
the last time I played with them, but they have moved in later
kernels.