[mythtv-users] MythArchive fails during Menu creation

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 17:48:15 UTC 2018

I used to create lots of DVD images but haven't done so recently;  a
library of DVDs takes up too much space.  But I just tried again and it
failed.  I was trying to convert from mythlink 'Videos' but it fails
with Recordings too.

The theme, and the line numbers in mythburn.py, will be non-standard.

This is on my fc27 box running V30-Pre-11d42...  mythburn.py line 1 is:

#! /usr/bin/python2

Googling 'cannot write mode RGBA as JPEG' gets lots of hits, which I
haven't yet studied.  Has anyone else?

{{{

Added button image /usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/images/next.png
Added next page button
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 5341,
in main
     processJob(job)
   File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 5039,
in processJob
     createMenu(format, dpi, files.length)
   File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 3685,
in createMenu
     bgimage.save(os.path.join(getTempPath(),"background-%s.jpg" %
page),"JPEG", quality=99)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 1928, in
save
     save_handler(self, fp, filename)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/JpegImagePlugin.py",
line 607, in _save
     raise IOError("cannot write mode %s as JPEG" % im.mode)
IOError: cannot write mode RGBA as JPEG
Saving settings: host hp_fed1, name MythArchiveLastRunStatus, data Failed
Saving settings: host hp_fed1, name MythArchiveLastRunEnd, data
2018-08-07 13:54:02

)))

John P