[mythtv-users] Indoor HD antenna question

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 27 22:39:25 UTC 2018

On 28/04/18 05:23, Ashu Desai wrote:

Here's mysql output of this:

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from storagegroup;
+----+-------------+------------+---------------------------+
| id | groupname   | hostname   | dirname                   |
+----+-------------+------------+---------------------------+
|  1 | Default     | mythmaster | /usr/local/media/live-tv  |
|  2 | LiveTV      | mythmaster | /usr/local/media/live-tv/ |
|  3 | DB Backups  | mythmaster | /usr/local/media/live-tv  |
|  4 | Videos      | mythmaster | /usr/local/media/Videos/  |
|  5 | Coverart    | mythmaster | /usr/local/media/Videos/  |
|  6 | Music       | mythmaster | /usr/local/media/Music/   |
|  7 | Fanart      | mythmaster | /usr/local/media/Fanart/  |
|  8 | Screenshots | mythmaster | /usr/local/media/Fanart/  |
|  9 | Banners     | mythmaster | /usr/local/media/Banners/ |
| 10 | Default     | 10.0.0.54  | /usr/local/media/live-tv/ |
| 11 | LiveTV      | 10.0.0.54  | /usr/local/media/live-tv/ |
| 12 | DB Backups  | 10.0.0.54  | /usr/local/media/live-tv/ |
| 14 | Trailers    | 10.0.0.54  | /usr/local/media/live-tv/ |
| 15 | Coverart    | 10.0.0.54  | /usr/local/media/Banners/ |
| 16 | Fanart      | 10.0.0.54  | /usr/local/media/Fanart/  |
| 17 | Screenshots | 10.0.0.54  | /usr/local/media/Banners/ |
| 18 | Music       | 10.0.0.54  | /usr/local/media/Music/   |
| 19 | MusicArt    | 10.0.0.54  | /usr/local/media/Music    |
| 21 | Banners     | 10.0.0.54  | /usr/local/media/Banners/ |
| 22 | Photographs | 10.0.0.54  | /usr/local/media/Pic/     |
20 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Would it be safe for me to delete any entries in the above - if you see the highlighted yellow - it is still somehow pulling up my Videos group - and this resonates with what I am seeing. Only the "Movie" videos, not my collection of TV shows (not the recording but DVD rips of my fav shows for easier access)

Also - not sure how/why there are multiple entries of same groups - example Music - one is listed under the "mythmaster" name and another under the IP address. Would love some help here so I can get to the root cause of this issue.

Thank you!

It looks to me like you have changed the hostname of the backend at some time (from mythmaster to 10.0.0.54) which mythtv uses as the identifier of who it is (unless overriden in config.xml). So your database thinks that there are two different systems around.

I could be wrong but IIRC just deleting that storage group line is probably not the correct thing although it might at least make the video's unplayable. When you scanned for movies / shows on the original backend (mythmaster?) it would have populated the mythvideo tables with your shows including the host that 'held' the files. Your new / current backend (10.0.0.54?) doesn't have storage group paths to those shows however when you scan mythtv recognizes that the mythmaster host is 'missing in action' and presumes that this might be a temporary thing so leaves those shows in place (just in case it is temporary).

The simplest supported course of action is probably to just shutdown current backend, change LocalHostName override to mythmaster in config.xml, run mythtv-setup to remove the video storage group path from that host (check the backend IP address while you are there), start the backend up as mythmaster then run "mythutil --scanvideos" on the backend (or start a frontend pointing to mythmaster and trigger a scan from within mythvideo). That should at least clean up all the correct tables.

There are probably a few options available in mysql if you are proficient in that but they will probably take just as long and carry much higher risk of making a mistake.