[mythtv-users] systemd suddenly won't start backend

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 16:01:30 UTC 2018

On 04/27/2018 08:31 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Most likely a different environment (though not necessarily/likely PATH).  Your user's environment is properly configured--has a good $HOME,
> which has a good $HOME/.mythtv/config.xml (based on "su -c mythtv mythbackend" working).  I'm guessing that the systemctl environment isn't set
> up right (anymore).  Compare the logs and look at the "Using configuration directory" lines...

And ...

systemctl cat mythtv-backend.service will show what's in play. If the OP manually
changed things in /lib/systemd/system rather than making them in /etc/systemd/system,
then the package manager could have released a new version that overwrote the changes.

systemctl edit [--full] is useful if the above is true.

--
Bill