[mythtv-users] find_orphans fails

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Apr 27 13:27:20 UTC 2018

On 04/26/2018 07:07 PM, Michael Wisniewski wrote:
> I'm running:
>
> 2:29.1+fixes.20180412.329c235-0ubuntu0mythbuntu2
>
> on Ubuntu 17.10.  I removed a number of recordings from the command
> line while I was archiving my shows.  I was planning on using
> find_orphans to remove the references in the database but that step
> isn't working.  When I run it, it lists the "Recordings without
> files", and when I try to delete the recording entries, nothing happens.
>
> I saw a patch for find_orphans on the mailing list from a bit of time
> ago, but that didn't work either.  I'm using the find_orphans from the
> wiki page that says it works with .29, but I'm just having a problem
> with it.
>
> Is find_orphans still the right script to use to remove the references
> from the database, or should I be using something else?
>
> Thanks!

Are you sure that nothing happens, or are you just assuming nothing
happens?  The script simply tells the backend to delete the shows. The
backend then has to do so. It can take time (especially when it's a long
list of shows to delete--even if there are no files), so if you re-run
the script shortly after running it the first time, you may still see a
large number of orphaned shows, even though the backend has been told
to/is working on deleting them.

Mike