[mythtv-users] Storage Group Issue

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 25 11:01:28 UTC 2018

Ashu—

I don’t know why nobody else has asked this question; therefore, I will do so:

Why do you want to put your TV storage group within your video storage group?  There is a completely separate interface for playing recorded television programs, and it works rather well, too.

Mike

Most likely they are not recordings. For example I keep my TV Series DVD rips in a separate directory to my Movie DVD rips and add the directories to both MythVideo and Plex. Even if they are recordings they might be transcoded with commercials removed for Plex (or some other system).