[mythtv-users] Indoor HD antenna question

Michael A Weber mweberjunk01 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 21:16:43 UTC 2018

Ashu—

I’ve been using CentOS for over 10 years, and I have always had better luck downloading the installer from nVidia and installing that way rather than going the package route.  The only caveat is you will need the source code for the kernel, but that’s easy enough to get.  You run the installer, answer a few questions by selecting them, and it builds and installs the kernel module.  Reboot, and done.  Works every time.

I’d give that a whirl before the packages.  The only problem with this method?  If you update CentOS, and the kernel gets updated, you have to rebuild the kernel module or you won’t get graphics.  However, if you’re like me and you don’t update your CentOS install all that frequently for your Myth system, then it won’t be a huge issue.

Good luck!

Mike