[mythtv-users] Indoor HD antenna question

Ashu Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 13:22:41 UTC 2018

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 7:55 PM Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Apr 2018 23:17:15 +0000, you wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 5:20 PM John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com>
> >wrote:

> >> How about:
> >>
> >> mysql  -umythtv -pmythtv -h localhost mythconverg
> >>

> >I don't understand this - why am I trying to get in from my backend box?
> It
> >already works. - the only thing not working is from the remote frontend.
> >Unless I am misunderstanding this?
> >
> >Anyways - tried it and doesn't work (since i dont think there is mariadb
> on
> >the frontend)
>
> The default install for MySQL and MariaDB is to only bind to
> localhost.  So you probably need to change the settings in /etc/mysql
> to allow binding of your external network interfaces.  This command
> will show you what interfaces MySQL or MariaDB are bound to:
>
> netstat -lp | grep mysql
>
> Find all the "bind-address" lines in the config files and see what is
> uncommented:
>
> cd /etc/mysql
> grep -ir "bind-address" *
>
> If there is more than one that is not commented out, it can be
> difficult to work out which one is read last and is the one that
> works.  To work out what order they are read in, you need to look at
> all the config files starting with /etc/mysql/my.cnf and find any
> "!includedir" lines.  Config files are read from any included
> directory in alphabetical order at the time the "!includedir" line is
> read.
>
> You need to either change the bind-address line that works to:
>
> bind-address=::
>
> or add a new bind-address line that will be read after that one.
>
> A bind address of :: allows binding to all interfaces using IPv4 and
> IPv6.  A bind address of 0.0.0.0 allows binding to all interfaces
> using IPv4 only.
>
> I recommend only having one uncommented "bind-address" line - comment
> out or delete the others.

It didn't have any bind address - i just added one and it worked.

Now the next problem - the frontend runs extremely choppy. Never had this
issue on the 0.27/fixes one. Same movies come as if watching via RDP!

I can post the required logs - i know there was a way I read earlier to get
logs - enter something along with "mythfrontend -v" command..

(I hope this isn't a hardware issue - not sure if 0.29 takes more compute
than the 0.27)