[mythtv-users] Helpful feedback

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Mon Apr 16 03:26:34 UTC 2018

> On 15 Apr 2018, at 8:00 pm, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>
>> G?day all
>>
>> I?ve been struggling with the local (Australian ABC) HD H264 recordinggs. mythtranscode chokes and all my (undoubtably naive and silly) fiddling with ffmpeg trying to cut commercials fails (ie bitrate is so slow the picture is blocky) (ABC is a non-commercial channel but they sure pack in a lot of Next, Forthcomming, and what's on iView their streaming service)
>>
>> I?ve found Shotcut works well (well flawlessly) just a bit slow. The deinterlacer and interpolator are really good.
>>
>> James
>
> I've just updated mythTScut.sh at the foot of this page:
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythDVBcut
>
> You might like to try it.  Cuts aren't yet perfect but the transients
> are usually short-lived.  Video and one audio stream only, two pass,
> fast.  Desktop interface.

John for a bear of little brain (AA Milne) I’m totally confused by your script:

#  Suggested work sequence is:
#     Preliminary test:  ~/mythTScut.sh /path/to/infile T 1
#         which will read the database and process a cutlist but should not touch the recording.

What are we trying to achieve

#     ionice -c3 ~/mythTScut.sh /path/to/infile R 1 NC

Umm again what are we trying to achieve

#       It's best to establish the cutlist here, or at least to confirm its accuracy.

What does best do and what is not best, what does establish the cutlist here mean.

#     ionice -c3 ~/mythTScut.sh /path/to/infile V 1
#     scan for new videos from the mythfrontend 'Watch Videos' screen
#     ionice -c3 mythutil --rebuild --video /path/to/the/video/outfile

Again confused about what is happening

I’m not trying in any way to dis your work, I just dont see how to use it
Thanks so
James