[mythtv-users] IPTV recorder seems broken -- large jumpy files

Rajil Saraswat rajil.s at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 01:24:28 UTC 2018

On 04/06/2018 10:27 AM, Dan Wilga wrote:

> Perhaps this is the reason it's not working well for you? If you have
> the source code set up to compile, it's worth a try.

I compiled with your patch and specified mythfilereader as the external
recorder. Unfortunately, it dies with the following error,

 CoreContext recorders/ExternalStreamHandler.cpp:1139 (ProcessCommand) -
ExternalRec(/usr/bin/mythfilerecorder  --exec --infile 'ffmpeg  -i
"udp://@239.255.42.42:5004" -acodec copy -vcodec copy  -f mpegts
pipe:1'): External Recorder invalid response to 'Version?': 'Unhandled
option given on command line:'

It is strange that 'mythfilerecorder' does not respond to the commands
as given in the Wiki (https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ExternalRecorder)