[mythtv-users] New frequency for NY NBC OTA channel 4

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 15:53:29 UTC 2018

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 11:17 AM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 12:26 AM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I just found out the hard way that apparently NY NBC channel 4
>> apparently changed frequency on April 1.
>
> FWIW (not a lot for those impacted) many broadcasters
> in many markets will be changing their frequencies
> as part of the realignments under the results of FCC
> auction 1000 (1001/1002).  The (rough) schedule for
> many broadcasters (based on requirements for the
> transition) can be found at:
>    https://www.fcc.gov/about-fcc/fcc-initiatives/incentive-auctions/transition-schedule
> with the dates for each station can be found at:
>   http://data.fcc.gov/download/incentive-auctions/Transition_Files/Phase_Assignment_Closing_PN.csv
>
> So, for those that want to create there own calendar
> reminder for when to check with their local stations
> (most stations will tend to have *their* specific
> schedule on their web sites as the date(s) approach),
> go look at the list(s).
>

> In the case of the NBC OTA channel, they made the
> deadline with almost two weeks to spare (for lots of
> good (and bad) reasons, picking a weekend day is
> likely better than the middle of the week).

Wow...thanks a million for that link to that CSV. I apologize that I
was too flustered with my channel scan mess to really notice that one
before. I've been able to find all my future upcoming changes there
(both New York and Philly). Great stuff.

I hadn't been following any of that auction stuff. Sounds like it
benefits the likes of Comcast and T-Mobile a lot more than the public.
What else is new right?

Thanks again!
Tom