[mythtv-users] New frequency for NY NBC OTA channel 4
digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 18:23:05 UTC 2018
On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 10:40 AM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 4:06 AM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
>> On 03/04/18 03:02, Tom Dexter wrote:
> Thanks for all the replies! I think that using Stephen's scripts is a
> little more than I want to take on. Also, I have a feeling that the
> new frequency may actually be an entirely new transport. Given all
> that, here's what I think I'm going to do: Looking at this:
> I should be able to run the following (where the 1 is the cardid of my
> first capturecard:
> mythtv-setup --scan atsc-vsb8-us 1 --scan-save-only
> As far as I can tell, that just loads the scan data into these three
> tables (which can be imported later):
> That at least gives me a very benign way of seeing what the scan would
> actually do, and I can take it from there.
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Looks like I'm squared away
now though it wasn't easy. Since I couldn't get the --scan option of
mythtv-setup (with or without the --scan-save-only) I decided to just
go ahead and rescan everything in the mythtv-setup gui and let the
chips fall where they may.
My existing channels had "." delimiters (like 4.1) where as any newly
discovered ones used underscores. That was actually just as well as it
made it pretty clear what was new and what was old. In a few cases
including channel 4 I ended up with my old 4.1 in addition to the new
4_1, which was on a new transport (and not UHF 28 as it was).
For those stations I used the channel editor to put the old stations
xmltvid into the new channel, and then deleted the old. I also ran
some SQL to assign the icons as well. I also had to fix my Favorites
channel group which had a few invalid chanid fields.
The ugliest part was that all my recording rules and recording history
etc had the wrong chanid and station (callsign). The station in my
case is important because I've used the "this channel" filter a lot.
The callsign had changed to WNBC and it was WNBC-DT before. Obviously
it also had a new unique chanid. I manually updates both chanid and
station on the tables record, record_tmp, and oldrecorded to the new
After all that, and running mythfilldatbase everything looks good.
Scary shit though.
More information about the mythtv-users