[mythtv-users] New frequency for NY NBC OTA channel 4

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 15:17:38 UTC 2018

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 12:26 AM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just found out the hard way that apparently NY NBC channel 4
> apparently changed frequency on April 1.

FWIW (not a lot for those impacted) many broadcasters
in many markets will be changing their frequencies
as part of the realignments under the results of FCC
auction 1000 (1001/1002).  The (rough) schedule for
many broadcasters (based on requirements for the
transition) can be found at:
   https://www.fcc.gov/about-fcc/fcc-initiatives/incentive-auctions/transition-schedule
with the dates for each station can be found at:
  http://data.fcc.gov/download/incentive-auctions/Transition_Files/Phase_Assignment_Closing_PN.csv

So, for those that want to create there own calendar
reminder for when to check with their local stations
(most stations will tend to have *their* specific
schedule on their web sites as the date(s) approach),
go look at the list(s).

In the case of the NBC OTA channel, they made the
deadline with almost two weeks to spare (for lots of
good (and bad) reasons, picking a weekend day is
likely better than the middle of the week).