[mythtv-users] Complication(s) with display upgrade - need help

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 00:20:43 UTC 2018

I am now trying to get another frontend system to work with the new TV, but
I'm still unable to fathom how to get the audio working through the HDMI
cable.  I just purchased this
<https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127930> MSI
GeForce GT710 low profile video adapter. The on-board video adapter did not
provide HDMI and I wasn't able to get audio fed thru the DVI port with a
DVI to HDMI adapter that was billed as supporting audio pass-thru. I'm
still unable to get audio to the TV via the HDMI cable, even with the new
video adapter's native HDMI port.

Unless there's some trick to the "right" settings in the frontend Setup >
Audio > Audio System screen, or another place (in addition/instead) that I
need to make changes (or make settings and reboot?), I'm stumped and need
help.

FWIW, I'm currently running  Myth v0.27.6 on Ubuntu 14.04.5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Craig.