[mythtv-users] VA-API

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Thu Sep 28 22:50:10 UTC 2017

On 9/28/2017 3:24 PM, Saul A. Peebsen wrote:
> The saga continues. I hooked up my TV set to the HDMI port. And there I
> get no picture at all! Well, I get the menus, but as soon as there is
> any video source played all I see is "Please Wait". I can hear the
> sound, so there is playback. Just no picture. I tried different video
> output methods, no difference.
> Question: Is this because of my too new graphics hardware? I'm using
> Intel 630, built into my new i7 7700k.
> Or there is something gone haywire with my OS (Gentoo)? But MPV plays
> fine, even with vaapi enabled.
> Me scratching head.

I have a frontend built with an Intel NUC 7I5BNH with Intel VGA Device
5926, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640.  I never got VAAPI working (I did
not spend much time on it either) and just used OpenGL (I think that is
what it is called).  Works fine.  I seem to remember the VAAPI driver
not supporting that Intel video hardware.