[mythtv-users] New installation errors

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Mon Sep 25 20:58:16 UTC 2017

On 09/25/2017 01:30 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 09/25/2017 02:36 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:

>> <LocalHostName>my-unique-identifier-goes-here</LocalHostName>

>> The UserName and Password look correct to me. The LocalHostName seems
>> strange. Is it supposed to have something else in there besides
>> my-unique-identifier-goes-here?

> That value is OK. It can also be blank. In both cases, the hostname
> of the box will be used. Same as what the hostname command returns.

Okay. I won't worry about that one.

>> I don't see anything that shows me scheduling information, like the
>> old MythWeb. Is that supposed to be there, or is that something
>> coming later?
>
> It's there now (for me at least.) I hover over the vertical bar
> on the left to see the other choices, like TV/Program Guide.
>
>> I think I read somewhere that the old MythWeb would still be
>> available. I still get "Unable to connect" when I go to
>> 192.168.0.106. That's what I used to use to connect to my old Myth
>> machine. (192.168.0.102)
>
> You're right, it's still there.
>
> nmap -p 80 192.168.0.106  will tell you if the port is  open.
> (I'm assuming that the address is the one that the frontend
>  is using to connect to the backend and therefore OK.)

rsteff at Enu-1:~$ nmap -p 80 192.168.0.106

Starting Nmap 6.40 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2017-09-25 13:56 PDT
Nmap scan report for Jetway.lan (192.168.0.106)
Host is up (0.00017s latency).
PORT   STATE  SERVICE
80/tcp closed http

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.06 seconds
rsteff at Enu-1:~$

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens