[mythtv-users] ir-keytable repeating keys

Vincent McIntyre vincent.mcintyre at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 12:36:07 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 02:09:20PM +1300, Stephen Worthington wrote:

> If you have not added an ir-keytable command to the startup somewhere,
> there probably is not one anywhere.  ir-keytable is not something that
> runs in the background as a daemon - it only needs to be run once at
> startup to change the configuration, with the rest happening in the
> kernel code.  So try putting it in rc.local.  Or you could write your
> own systemd unit to run it.

If it helps this is my rc.local (I'm on ubuntu 16.04)

#!/bin/sh -e
#
## rc.local
#
## This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
# Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
# value on error.
#
# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
# bits.
#
# By default this script does nothing.
#
/usr/bin/ir-keytable -s rc1 -c
/usr/bin/ir-keytable -s rc1 -w /etc/rc_keymaps/dvico_mce-nec.keymap

/etc/rc_keymaps will be created by the ir-keytable package.
But the file within will probably have to come from you.
There are some provided by the package in /lib/udev/rc_keymaps
that you could start from.

Note also that ir-keytable attempts to set this up automagically
via the file /etc/rc_maps.cfg.

My understanding is what I have in rc.local overrides the automagic,
but my remote is one of the commented ones in rc_maps.cfg so I may
be hallucinating.

See also /usr/share/doc/ir-keytable/README.Debian

Regards
Vince