[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu PPA Zesty Builds

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Tue Sep 19 10:20:26 UTC 2017

> Looks like mythgallery was never ported to support OpenGLES
>
> If it hasn't been merged into the main code (I can't rememeber if
> it has or not), then it either needs porting to OpenGLES or
> configure changes to auto disable mythgallery if OpenGL = OpenGLES

Theoretically MythGallery was obsoleted by
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Gallery
But it's on life support if it still builds and causes no grief (as a
backup and for those who don't like the new one).

There's been little feedback on the new one: it's either perfect or
no-one is using it...

The only feature MythGallery adds is (dodgy) support for RAW format
images. I did have a patch/ideas a long time ago but there was little
interest.

Unless someone wants to port it to OpenGLES, disabling it where
necessary or by default wouldn't be a problem IMO.