[mythtv-users] generate mythfrontend previews manually

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Tue Sep 19 00:54:44 UTC 2017

On Monday, September 18, 2017 4:46:40 PM MDT Doug Lytle wrote:
> On 09/18/2017 06:33 PM, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> > 3out of 4 of my last recordings do not have Watch Recordings previews
> > built
> > automatically. Only the last recording has a preview.
> >
> > Is there a way to create them manually?
>
> I believe that if you set a bookmark, it'll generate a thumbnail.

Hmmm I tried a couple and no luck.

Looking through my /var/log/mythtv/mythpreviewgen logs doesn't show me any
differences between recordings with and without previews.

I do notice that /var/log/messages, which I use to follow mythbackend, doesn't
even log mythpreviewgen anymore.

I'll just have to restart mythbackend. It seems to get tired after a heavy
recording weekend.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca