[mythtv-users] New installation errors

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Mon Sep 18 00:39:58 UTC 2017

On 09/16/2017 10:12 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:
> On 09/16/2017 07:56 PM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>
> <...>
>
>> Or you can restore an old backup database, and then let mythtv-setup
>> upgrade it to the latest schema.
>
> I do have one another machine running MythTV. I'll try to figure out
> how to do the backup from
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore and see how
> well that works.

Some success. I successfully restored a backup from my older Myth
machine. And I saw it convert from the old schema to the new one.
mythfilldatabase runs with some errors (too small print to read) but it
finished.

However, when I run MythTV Frontend from the Applications/Sound and
Video menu, it shows up in the task bar, but nothing else happens, and
the mouse cursor disappears. Of course, as I'm typing this, (on a
different machine) the front end did show up, but had an error message
about not being able to connect to ... (the message went away). The only
way forward is to open a terminal window, run ps ax | grep myth, and
kill the two processes shown.

Also, when I try to navigate in Firefox to  http://localhost:6544 I'm
told, "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at
localhost:6544."

Thoughts on where I should go from here will be appreciated.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens