[mythtv-users] UPDATE 2: Re: WinTV-dualHD TV Tuner now found (1 tuner)

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 17 22:17:33 UTC 2017

On 09/17/2017 04:57 PM, A. F. Cano wrote:
> I don't understand why I'm getting myth displayed too big on the TV.
> All 4 edges are cut off, the clock and date on the bottom edge are cut off
> in half and only the top half is visible.  The same happens with video.
>
> Is there anything I can do in myth to tell it to conform to the display
> size that xrandr reports? (1920x1080)  Or do I have to set some
> parameter in some X config file?  Keep in mind that this has to be
> specific to the HDMI screen.  Like I said, when running on the
> primary screen (VGA-1) it works like it should.

What I do with TVs with overscan is use the Frontend setup, appearance,
to set the GUI size and x and y coordinates. It is a trial-and-error
process, changing the settings a bit at a time until it looks right.
Also use the "Use GUI size for TV playback" setting to ensure the video
playback conforms as well.

If you have two different type screens on the same computer then I
suggest you set a different name for one of them so that the screen size
adjustments only apply to the correct screen. If your two screens are
logged onto different user ids, then in the user id for the second
screen .mythtv/config.xml, change the setting
<LocalHostName>my-unique-identifier-goes-here</LocalHostName> . This
normally defaults to the machine name, set a different name for the
second screen for example your machine name with a 1 at the end.