[mythtv-users] Upgraded to 29, mythmetadata lookup failing...

Marlon Buchanan mlb.linux at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 16:18:09 UTC 2017

> I'm stumped. I'd try running the tests in two steps,
> like this (to simulate the mythtv environment better):
>
>     sudo --set-home --login --user=mythtv
>     /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -v
>
> Thinking that user mythtv has a copy of some module
> in it's directory (done with pip install run without
> sudo for example.)
>
> OK, three steps: echo $PYTHONPATH while you're user mythtv.
>
> --
> Bill

Okay - That, along with the previous suggestion led to the solution! So the
command failed with the home directory set to mythtv, where it had
previously worked running as just the user mythtv. So this led me to check
the cache directory of /home/mythtv/.mythtv and sure enough, as previously
suggested, no tvdb_api directory existed for that user (I previously
checked my user's home directory). So I created that directory for the
mythtv user with the right permissions and  lookup jobs now work.

Thanks!