[mythtv-users] Updating Channels with XMLTV

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 14:25:08 UTC 2017

Hoi Marc,

Saturday, September 16, 2017, 8:47:43 AM, you wrote:

> Hi Everyone,

> The channel lineup has changed for my provider. I get the correct
> schedules (which is good) but the channel names are incorrect.

> For example, CBS was on Channel 10, and it's moved to channel 12 (where NBC was).

> The guide data is correct, as in it's showing CBS shows on channel 12.

> However the channel name remains NBC.The database entry looks like this:

mysql>> select * from channel where channum = 12 limit 1 \G
> *************************** 1. row ***************************
>            chanid: 1012
>           channum: 12
>            freqid: NULL
>          sourceid: 1
>          callsign: NBC
>              name: NBC
> <snip>

> Which doesn't match what my grabber outputs (since the change).
>   <channel id="12">
>     <display-name lang="en">CBS</display-name>
>     <display-name lang="en">12</display-name>
>     <display-name lang="en">12</display-name>
>   </channel>

> I am not using "Schedules Direct" / Data Direct. This is a plain old XMLTV grabber.

> I tried running:
> mythfilldatabase --do-channel-updates (i think this only works for DD data)
> mythfilldatabase --only-update-channels

> And it won't update the entries in the DB. What's the command I
> need to run to update the channels with their new metadata?

> Thanks!
> Marc

xmltv updates look at the xmltvid in the database. If they have
changed in your xmltv file you have to manually update your channels.
Or in your case if you have done a rescan, go to the channel editor
and check if an xmltvid is set and if so if it is correct.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop