[mythtv-users] Updating Channels with XMLTV

Marc Rawji mrawji at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 06:47:43 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone,

The channel lineup has changed for my provider. I get the correct schedules
(which is good) but the channel names are incorrect.

For example, CBS was on Channel 10, and it's moved to channel 12 (where NBC
was).

The guide data is correct, as in it's showing CBS shows on channel 12.

However the channel name remains NBC.The database entry looks like this:

mysql> select * from channel where channum = 12 limit 1 \G
           chanid: 1012
          channum: 12
           freqid: NULL
         sourceid: 1
         callsign: NBC
             name: NBC
<snip>

Which doesn't match what my grabber outputs (since the change).
  <channel id="12">
    <display-name lang="en">CBS</display-name>
    <display-name lang="en">12</display-name>
    <display-name lang="en">12</display-name>
  </channel>

I am not using "Schedules Direct" / Data Direct. This is a plain old XMLTV
grabber.

I tried running:
mythfilldatabase --do-channel-updates (i think this only works for DD data)
mythfilldatabase --only-update-channels

And it won't update the entries in the DB. What's the command I need to run
to update the channels with their new metadata?

Thanks!
Marc