[mythtv-users] Upgraded to 29, mythmetadata lookup failing...

Marlon Buchanan mlb.linux at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 00:23:23 UTC 2017

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 4:45 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/09/2017 07:14 AM, Marlon Buchanan wrote:
>

>> I'm sure the logging and call tracing is different two versions later,
>> but it naybe the problem  is myth's call to mythmetadatalookup or ttvdb.py
>> failing or it's using the wrong path for mythmetadatalookup or ttvdb.py? As
>> I mentioned before, mythmetadatalookup works fine via commandline, and it
>> does show proper calls and results from ttvdb.py. The frontend works
>> properly as well when initiating a metadata lookup in the videos (not
>> recordings) from the frontend using ttvdb.py.
>>
>> My typo a few posts back. To watch the calls to mythmetadatalookup
> in the backend log, use: mythbackend --setverbose system (not --system
> as I typed earlier.) Then look in the backend and mythmetadatalookup
> logs to see what's being executed. Either run the lookup job yourself
> from the frontend or let the backend run one after a recording.
>
> --
> Bill

Hi Bill.

I noticed that typo and set the verbosity correctly and the logs I posted
where the result of that which had no more info in the logs about
mythmetadata's call to ttvdb in either log when a job was executed. Just
the same "Television grabber not functional" message in
mythmetadatalookup.log and "Metadata Lookup Errored..." message in
mythbackend.log. This is basically what I get everytime a metadata job is
run, with verbosity set higher.

mythmetadatalookup.log:

Sep 13 16:57:49 firestorm mythmetadatalookup: mythmetadatalookup[7403]: I
CoreContext main.cpp:112 (main) Testing grabbers and metadata sites for
functionality...
Sep 13 16:57:49 firestorm mythmetadatalookup: mythmetadatalookup[7403]: I
SystemManager mythsystemunix.cpp:276 (run) Starting process manager
Sep 13 16:57:49 firestorm mythmetadatalookup: mythmetadatalookup[7403]: I
SystemIOHandlerR mythsystemunix.cpp:92 (run) Starting IO manager (read)
Sep 13 16:57:49 firestorm mythmetadatalookup: mythmetadatalookup[7403]: I
SystemSignalManager mythsystemunix.cpp:509 (run) Starting process signal
handler
Sep 13 16:57:49 firestorm mythmetadatalookup: mythmetadatalookup[7403]: I
SystemIOHandlerW mythsystemunix.cpp:92 (run) Starting IO manager (write)
Sep 13 16:57:50 firestorm mythmetadatalookup: mythmetadatalookup[7403]: I
CoreContext metadatadownload.cpp:342 (TelevisionGrabberWorks) Television
grabber not functional.  Aborting this run.

mythbackend.log:

Sep 13 16:57:48 firestorm mythbackend: mythbackend[2751]: I Metadata_21956
jobqueue.cpp:2157 (DoMetadataLookupThread) JobQueue: Metadata Lookup
Starting for "The Orville":"Old Wounds" recorded from channel 8113 at
2017-09-11T01:00:00Z
Sep 13 16:57:48 firestorm mythbackend: mythbackend[2751]: I CoreContext
mythdbcon.cpp:435 (PurgeIdleConnections) New DB connection, total: 6
Sep 13 16:57:50 firestorm mythbackend: mythbackend[2751]: E Metadata_21956
jobqueue.cpp:2221 (DoMetadataLookupThread) JobQueue: Metadata Lookup
Errored: "The Orville":"Old Wounds" recorded from channel 8113 at
2017-09-11T01:00:00Z (Failed with exit status 128)

Maybe the setverbose isn't working properly, but I get the " Sent
'SET_VERBOSE system' message" when I run the command. I've also tried
changing the loglevel.

When I use --verbose commandline with mythmetadatalookup I can see the
calls and everything happens correctly. I can't figure out what myth is
doing mythmetadata lookup This combined with the lack of information in the
log is why I'm stumped. I used to get more detail from mythmetadata.log in
the .27, even without turning up verbosity. Seems like something is logged
differently or something is failing before it ever even gets to call
ttvdb.py