[mythtv-users] 'buntu fixes v29.0-27: Couldn't communicate ... on port 6543 : ... sock_info: Bad service '6543 '

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Sep 13 14:00:30 UTC 2017

I've just upgraded on a 'buntu laptop and tried to run mythlink, getting
the error message in the title.  It looks as if I hadn't done this
recently, but it had worked in the past.

It's ok again now after running mythtv-setup.real and removing surplus
space characters.  I have no memory of putting them in - but...

General > Host Address Backend Setup > Port

John P