[mythtv-users] Alternative to zbox for a frontend

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 12 23:59:31 UTC 2017

On 09/12/2017 06:22 PM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> That's useful to know. I'll see if I can find the commit in the kodi
> repo that added that feature for the pi.

Before going too far down this road you may want to check whether the
performance of the Raspberry Pi is sufficient for your critical eye. I
suggest check what your TV scan rate is on the raspberry pi, then watch
a 25 fps recording and a 24 fps recording and see if there is a
difference on the raspberry pi MythTV.

A quick internet search shows you can change the video mode. Modes are
listed here:
http://elinux.org/RPiconfig#Video_mode_options

The tvservice command lets you see the mode and change it. You can also
change it in config.txt. So you could see if changing it improves the
playback of the respective recordings.