[mythtv-users] Using TV remote to control MythTV frontend on Raspberry Pi

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Mon Sep 11 22:15:29 UTC 2017

On 12 September 2017 at 06:59, Peter Bennett <cats22 at comcast.net> wrote:

> On 09/11/2017 04:25 PM, Jeff wrote:
>
> Works a treat.
>
> My only question is that I see in the frontend setup, that MythTV
> support a load of system events, and one of them is a CEC command.
>
> This lead me to think that the bash, cec-client and xdotool hackery
> described above could be replaced by something altogether more elegant.
>
> Does anybody know how to use the CEC command event directly in Myth?
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff
>

> You don't need any tomfoolery, it just works. See here
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi#Remote_Control_with_CEC
>
> Peter

I found that the mythtv CEC support was mediocre and didn't support all the
remote buttons currently on my TV remote so I continue to use libcec-daemon
<https://github.com/pssc/libcec-daemon> and lircd

Appears there are newer forks of libcec-daemon that support libcec3
<https://github.com/benklop/libcec-daemon> & libcec4
<https://github.com/HonzaCholasta/libcec-daemon> now also aswell as a ppa
https://launchpad.net/~benklop/+archive/ubuntu/mmc/

Cheers,