[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.27.6 and db schema problem

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 10 21:13:25 UTC 2017

On 09/10/2017 02:25 PM, Paul Shepherd wrote:
> I have been running Mythtv 0.27.6 on Linux Mint 17.3 for several
> months without a problem.  I attempted an upgrade to 0.28.1 which
> failed due to dependency issues, as these looked complicated to solve
> I decided to revert to 0.27.6.
>
> I had backed up the db and restored as per the wiki and this seemed to
> work ok, ie the backend and mythweb seem to work ok. However,
> mythlink.pl <http://mythlink.pl> and optimize.sh report an error in
> the db schema:
>
>   Database schema 1317 not supported.
>   Bindings support schema version 1344
>
> So it seems I have some code/data files leftover from 0.28.1 (which
> uses schema 1344) in my 0.27.6 system.
>
> I can't find where or what mythlink uses to return the erroneous
> schema version message - can someone advise me how to solve this
> problem please?
>
> thanks, paul
>
> ps also posted to the mythtv forum troubleshooting, but realised this
> list is more active.

Perl bindings are installed here
/usr/local/share/perl/5.22.1/MythTV.pm
You could also check here, in case it used this location
/usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22.1/auto/MythTV

Possibly because these are in /usr/local they are not being properly
handled by the package manager. You could also try searching for file
MythTV.pm, in case it is installed somewhere else or in case you have
two copies of it now in your system. That is the file that contains the
schema version information that is causing your problem.