[mythtv-users] MythTV ends around 5 minutes sooner

Fri Sep 8 09:02:50 UTC 2017

On Fri, Sep 08, 2017 at 10:41:09AM +0200, Miroslav Pavlovic wrote:
>   Hi All,
>
>   I am facing the issue with recordings ending too soon. So I am missing around 5 minutes of the end.
>
>   Any idea how to fix it?
>
>   I am using the workaround, to set end late for every recording I make.
>   But there must be a solutions for this. I recall it worked in the beginning when I had it running on my old box.

Is your clock synchronised? Do you, for example, use NTP? If your
station says the recording will end at 1959, but your clock is 5 minutes
fast, then MythTV will think it's 1959 at 1954 and stop recording. You
can probably spot this because recordings will also start 5 minutes
early.

--
For more information, please reread.