[mythtv-users] Motherboard with PCI slots and IPMI

Rajil Saraswat rajil.s at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 02:25:22 UTC 2017

On 10/25/2017 12:33 AM, Ben wrote:
> Look on SuperMicro's site.
>
> The board might be older (you can reference there and then hunt around the net)
>
> I'm using an IPMI capable AMD Opteron 6300 MB with 3 PCI slots on it. -- H8SGL
>
> I'm running a 16core 6380 w/32GB RAM and it works for me.
>
> I used to run dual hdTV-5500's in it - but only have one plugged in and it's idle.
>
> (I also use it as a desktop vie Xvnc to do FPGA/C dev work.)
>
> of course, that's just 1 example. Check supermicro's website.
>
> Cheers,
>
>   -Ben
The Supermicro X11SAE-F seems to be like what I need, however it uses
IDT 89HMPEB383 chip to provide a bridge for the PCI slot (due to the
lack of native chipset support). The X9SRH-7TF does have native support
but the asking price is 500USD which seems too much for an old board.
The H8SGL-F is ~300USD and seems a more reasonable choice. I also use my
existing box to transcode the recording to x265 format using Handbrake.
Is the Opteron 6380 CPU good enough for that?

Thanks