[mythtv-users] Motherboard with PCI slots and IPMI

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 19:51:42 UTC 2017

On Oct 25, 2017 2:48 PM, "David Engel" <david at istwok.net> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 05:24:44PM +0000, David Krainess wrote:
>    >> On Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 11:47:58 AM CDT, Mark Wedel <
mwedel at sonic.net> wrote:
> >> - Keeping PCI slots is likely a losing long term battle.  You may want
to look
> >> at something like the HVR-2250 - I've been using one for a while, no
issues.  It
> >> is also a dual tuner card, but PCIE, so should have MB support for
quite a
> >> while.  While buying new is expensive, there are a bunch listed on
Ebay for
> >> about $40 each buy it now price (which seems to be about the price of
the
> >> PCIE->PCI adapters)
>
> I'm thinking of upgrading as my system is 13 years old with 2 PCI ATI
HDWonders.  The Hauppauge 1609 seems like a pretty attractive option to get
4 tuners in 1 PCIE slot for $89 on Amazon.  Does anybody have that working
with MythTV, is it a headache to get up and going?

Have you considered network tuners?  I recently added a used HDHomerun
to complement an existing HDHomerun and a Ceton for my production
system.  Consequently, I no longer care how many PCI or PCIe slots I
have!

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net

+1 on the HD home run units I have 4 of them 2 over the air and 2 prime
units, I'd rather not be tied down to a internal card and they work great,
allows my back-end to be virtual etc,  opens a lot of possibilities.