[mythtv-users] Motherboard with PCI slots and IPMI

Ben bkamen at benjammin.net
Wed Oct 25 05:33:36 UTC 2017

On 10/24/2017 11:38 PM, Rajil Saraswat wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a combined FE/BE setup running on an Asus H87-Pro motherboard with an Intel i5-4440 cpu. The TV feed is through two Hauppauge PVR-500 cards. The cards have been very stable compared to other things i have tried like HD-PVR.
> The motherboard is starting to show early signs of failure (serial port died recently) and i would like to replace it. However, I don't want to lose the PVR-500 cards. It seems that PCI slots on current generation motherboards is a scarcity.
> I am looking for suggestions on a motherboard which has PCI slots and preferably has IPMI support.

Look on SuperMicro's site.

The board might be older (you can reference there and then hunt around the net)

I'm using an IPMI capable AMD Opteron 6300 MB with 3 PCI slots on it. -- H8SGL

I'm running a 16core 6380 w/32GB RAM and it works for me.

I used to run dual hdTV-5500's in it - but only have one plugged in and it's idle.

(I also use it as a desktop vie Xvnc to do FPGA/C dev work.)

of course, that's just 1 example. Check supermicro's website.

Cheers,

  -Ben