[mythtv-users] Recording titles via UPnP

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Oct 23 09:18:03 UTC 2017

On 23/10/17 04:20, John Drescher wrote:
>> Use mythlink  - see immediately preceding posts.  Put its results folder in
>> your videos directory and scan for new videos.  Or you can copy just a few
>> links instead.  And have an empty folder that you can link in as an
>> alternative videos source so that you can reset things easily.  See
>> yesterday's posts!
>>
>> But I used to have to do this to get the files to play via upnp. Nowadays I
>> see several ways  of displaying the menu.  YMMV
>
> Any tips on what to select in mythlink. I First tried all links
> generated then switched to the titles subfolder which seems what I
> want. The reason I ask is  I am not sure how it scans the folder
> structure and how that gets into the categories that it shows in the
> video folder of the upnp device. Video->Series-> looks somewhat
> promising.
>
> John

Hi John.  I'm not sure I see your problem.  I use this in mythlink

  --format  '%T-%cn-%Y%m%d-%H%i-%S'

and upnp shows around the first 30 characters from that, and a spurious
date.  I haven't used 'Series' much.

Perhaps you can tweak the format, or even edit the link names, to get a
display that suits you; then reset with a blank scan first.  I think you
need to do your basic selection before upnp starts on it.

Maybe someone else?

John P