[mythtv-users] Radio stream database update

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun Oct 22 18:26:26 UTC 2017

On 22/10/17 18:54, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 22/10/17 12:34, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 22/10/17 11:57, Paul Harrison wrote:
>
>> I've just hit 'Search for stream' and still see 12492 matches.  I'll
>> try it on another box.  Perhaps I have metadata downloads turned off
>> somewhere.  And the Trac server is still down.
>>>>

>>> Strange there should be just over 34K rows in there?
>
> The f25 box, also running master 30-pre-233 with prevrec patch2 (ie
> before your latest commit) shows only 3820 matches with 'All'
> categories selected.  frontend logs on both boxes have:
>
> E  MusicMetadata: looks like we are already updating the radio streams
> list
>
> I'm seeing trac again now.  Is something else down or do I have bad
> settings somewhere?

OK it looks like either the backend or a frontend was stopped or crashed
while the DB was being updated which has left it in a limbo state.

If you are good with mysql you can check and reset the
'MusicStreamListModified' setting in the settings table.

Check the value with :-
SELECT * FROM settings WHERE value = 'MusicStreamListModified';

And reset it with :-
UPDATE settings SET data='' WHERE value = 'MusicStreamListModified';

Then go back to the stream search screen and the new stream list will be
downloaded and the DB will be updated. Be patient it can take a while to
process the large XML file :) The frontend log will tell you what is
happening.

To answer where the list is downloaded from it comes from :-
https://services.mythtv.org/music/data/?data=streams

which in turn redirects to the osuosl ftp servers at :-
ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/mythtv/music/db/streams.gz

Paul H.