[mythtv-users] Radio stream database update

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Oct 22 11:34:23 UTC 2017

On 22/10/17 11:57, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 16/10/17 11:04, John Pilkington wrote:
>>
>> Paul:  This looks as if it's a splendid resource, but I find it
>> difficult to get into using it.  At present, on this box, master head,
>> mine starts from a url that appears to be dead; I see big red warning
>> crosses that can only be stopped by killing the frontend and I see no
>> obvious way of dropping that url and entering another.  Another box
>> works but the search window really expects me to know what is available.
>>

> This is now fixed. It will now stop on the first error.

Yes, I noticed the commit.  Thanks.

> For future reference you could have just gone to Music Settings->Player
> Settings and set Resume mode (Radio) to Off.
>
>> I can get some idea of what that is by direct access to the DB:
>>
>> MariaDB [mythconverg]> select channel, description from music_streams
>> limit 100 ;
>>
>> - without the limit I get 12492 rows.

I've just hit 'Search for stream' and still see 12492 matches.  I'll try
it on another box.  Perhaps I have metadata downloads turned off
somewhere.  And the Trac server is still down.

> Strange there should be just over 34K rows in there?
>
>> Is there somewhere else that gives a better overview - not necessarily
>> within Myth?
>>

> There's only the upstream DB we are using at radiosure.com/stations/
> (can't check right now seems off line) but I think our search screen is
> better since you can filter the list by broadcaster, genre, country,
> language etc as well as a partial search on the channel name. We also
> have broadcaster and some logs that they don't use at all.

OK.  I found the search screen later, after losing the Red Crosses.

> Our raw XML file we generate also contains a status (working/not
> working) and last test date that the upstreams DB also does not have. We
> don't actually use that info in MythMusic and since the plugins are on
> death row and development has stopped on them I don't see that changing.

Hmm. News to me. I'm not creating DVDs as often as I did but still do so
occasionally.

John