[mythtv-users] Frontend playback slow

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Wed Oct 18 18:42:28 UTC 2017

On 10/17/2017 2:07 PM, Jack McGee wrote:
> On 10/17/2017 09:13 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> this is on Ubuntu 16.04
>>
>> FWIW, it's almost definitely problems with your audio
>> configuration--in MythTV or in your system.  What's misconfigured? I
>> couldn't say, but looking around there is a good place to start.
>
> Thanks Mike. I think it is hardware.  Kodi started crashing.  But when
> it was running, it would play the recordings fine.  Wiped the machine,
> reinstalled 16.04 and myth frontend hangs on setup. KODI still crashing
> occasionally.
>
> Raspberry PI 3 on the way.
>
> I just wish there was a form factor with Nvidia graphics like my Acer
> Revo and Zotac.

I wonder if it could be the power brick. That would be the easiest thing
to replace. Or, you could try opening up the case and giving it a good
cleaning. And, if you're comfortable doing it, try removing the cpu and
gpu from the motherboard and cleaning and replacing the thermal paste.
Do some research first, in case the gpu uses a thermal pad, so you've
got the right parts handy. All depends on whether there's permanent
damage due to heat. When/if you open up the box, take a good look at the
capacitors. If any show signs of leaking, it's time to give up.

One other pipe dream thought, if you've got automatic updates enabled,
maybe there was a driver update that's at fault.

HTH,
Helen