[mythtv-users] Livetv stutter

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 12:16:33 UTC 2017

On 18 October 2017 at 12:45, David Birch <david.birch at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, i'm running myth 0.28 on ubuntu 16.04 and am having trouble with pal
> 1080i live tv streams stutter. If i pause for just a second the stream then
> plays stutter free, prev recordings play fine too. I've tried adjusting
> decoders & deinterlace, ssd for live recordings & ringbuffer sizes but they
> don't seem to help, it also happens with vdpau on one frontend and vaapi on
> another. When i watch the playback data i see the a/v sync going wild
> between 0 to -1.5, after the pause & resume it then sits pretty much rock
> steady on -0.25. Any other settings to try??
>
> Thanks in advance, i've had many happy years from myth, i just can't seem to
> get this sorted & its more prevalent on a new bigger tv.

FWIW I see this on an old 0.27 system when watching LiveTV from my
PVR-150 backend which is recording PAL 576i content. Playback is via
XVideo.

Even pausing for just a second as soon as LiveTV starts produces
perfectly normal playback. If I don't pause immediately the picture
breaks up with stream corruption before the session eventually fails.
Programme transitions also fail on this recorder. I have no issues at
all with my DVB-T sources.

I poked around in the source changing various playback settings/delays
to no avail. Not being au fait with the playback source clearly didn't
help, but it would be nice for the FAF to resolve this issue. Still
need to get this particular system upgraded to 0.28/0.29 and see if
the issue persists.

Nick