[mythtv-users] Failed Recordings

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 01:02:43 UTC 2017

I have a number of recordings that appear to be missing including one from
today and one last night.  This started happening about two months ago, but
nothing has changed on my system in months.  From what I can find in the
logs, the tuning operation occurs and at least 20 seconds later, when the
commflagging job is put in the job queue, there is an error message that
the file to be processed can't be found.  I have checked to see if the
files got put somewhere strange, but came up empty.  Other recordings go
off without a hitch.  My recording program source is a Ceton infiniTV 6
with a cable card.  I recently increased the udp read buffer settings, but
I've had some of these failures occur since then, so I suspect that the
problem isn't related to the udp read buffer settings.

It seems to happen especially to the first program after the system is
woken up, but in random spurts.  I have configured the system to wake up
nominally three (3) minutes before a scheduled recording is to occur.
There can be weeks with no problems and then I'll have a failure in the
morning and another in the evening on the same day.  I use this system
exclusively for MythTV, so many times there are only unattended recordings
going on, not even a terminal session or a show being played back on the
backend or the remote frontend.  (Note that the frontend is only powered on
when used to play back recordings and I've been busy with other things way
too much, lately.)

FWIW, my changes to the udp buffer settings were to set:
net.core.rmem_default=502938
net.ipv4.udp_rmem_min=502938
in case these weren't increased enough.

I'm not really sure where to look nor what to look for at this point.  Any
advice would be appreciated.

--
Craig.